- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Synology RackStation RS3617xs+ 12-Bay 3.5″ Diskless 4xGbE 2x10GbE RJ45 (2U Rack),Intel Xeon D-1531 six core,2.4GHz,8GB DDR4 ,2xUSB3, 2xExpansion port
$7,147.25(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
Compatible with HDD/SDD,M.2 SSD Via M2D18,USB Storage Device,UPS,Wireless Router,PCIe Network Interface Cards,RAM Module,Rail Kit and Expansion Unit
RS3617xs+ provides reliable, superior-performance network attached
storage solution for large scale businesses with comprehensive business applications
Synology RackStation RS3617xs+ provides reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for large scale businesses with comprehensive business applications. With builtin 10GBase-T support and scalability of up to 36 drives, RS3617xs+ simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS3617xs+ is backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
RS3617xs+ comes with two 10GBase-T and four 1GbE RJ-45 ports by default and allows installation of two optional 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), bringing flexible network configuration and bandwidth utilization. With the help of a new Intel® Xeon D-1531 6-core processor, RS3617xs+ delivers blazing performance at over 4,937 MB/s sequential throughput and 556,727 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled
Equipped with 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM and up to 64GB expansion support, RS3617xs+ ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS3617xs+ integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wise snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only the specific single file or folder.
- Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when compared with ext4 file system
RS3617xs+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack Cinder. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, RS3617xs+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS3617xs+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack Cinder support, RS3617xs+ can be used as a block-based storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3617xs+ comes fullyequipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows® AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3617xs+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 2,612MB/s in reading
RS3617xs+ is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB (default) / 200TB (with at least 32GB RAM installed) on the fly.
RS3617xs+ supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of RS3617xs+ nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with up to two Synology Expansion Unit RX1217/RX1217RP2 via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3617xs+ is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS3617xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or Docker DSM data remain safe and available in the event of disaster.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- DDR4 ECC UDIMMs reduces power consumption and detect and correct errors during data transmission.
- Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans.
What’s in it for you??
- Reliable, superior-performance for enterprises seeking uninterrupted service with comprehensive business applications.
- Intel Xeon D-1531 6-core CPU boosting performance at over 4,937 MB/s throughput and 556,727 IOPS1
- Dual 10GBase-T ports and optional 10GbE NICs
- 8GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM, expandable up to 64GB
- Scale up to 36 drives with Synology RX1217/RX1217RP
- Complete virtualization solution for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, and Citrix
- OpenStack Cinder support
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Redundant power supplies ensure service uptime
- Backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty & Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
Datasheet and User Guide
|Intel Xeon D-1531 six-core 2.2GHz burst up to 2.7GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine|
|8GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM (expandable up to 64GB)|
|Compatible drive type|
|12 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA (hard drives not included)|
|Maximum internal raw capacity|
|120TB (12 x 10TB HDD) (The actual capacity will differ according to volume types)|
|USB 3.0 x 2, Expansion port (Infiniband) x 2|
|88 mm x 430.5 mm x 692 mm|
|10GbE RJ-45 (10GBase-T) x 2, 1GbE RJ-45 x 4|
|PCIe 3.0 x8 slot|
|Two running at x8 mode, supports two dual-port 10GbE network interface cards|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|Wireless support (dongle)|
|AC input power voltage|
|100V to 240V AC|
|50 / 60Hz, single phase|
|5 to 35°C (40 to 95°F)|
|-20 to 60°C (-5 to 140°F)|
|5% to 95% RH|
|RS3617xs+ main unit, Quick Installation Guide, accessory pack, AC power cord x 2|
|Camera License Pack, VS360HD, Synology RKS1317 - Rail Kit Sliding, 8GB and 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM module,Synology Expansion Unit (RX1217/RX1217RP x 2), 10Gbps Ethernet adapter E10G17-F2 / E10G15-F1|
|FCC: Class A, CE: Class A, BSMI: Class A|