- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Synology Rackstation RS3617RPxs 12-Bay 3.5″ Diskless 4xgbe NAS (2U Rack)
$5,648.23(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
Compatible with HDD/SDD,M.2 SSD Via M2D18,USB Storage Device,UPS,Wireless Router,PCIe Network Interface Cards,RAM Module,Rail Kit and Expansion Unit
RS3617RPxs is Reliable centralized storage solution for large scale businesses
Intel Xeon D-1521,2.4GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 2xUSB3, Expansion port x 2 – With SRS
Synology RackStation RS3617RPxs provides reliable, superior-performance network attached storage solution for large scale businesses with comprehensive business applications. RS3617RPxs simplifies data management, optimizes virtualization environments, and rapidly expands storage capacity with minimal time investment in setup and maintenance. Synology RS3617RPxs is backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
RS3617RPxs delivers blazing performance at over 3,829 MB/s sequential throughput and 433,873 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled.Through advanced flash technology, the combination of hard drives and SSD cache boosts throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte.
In addition to the four 1GbE RJ-45 ports by default, RS3617RPxs comes with dual PCIe 3.0 x8 slots, allowing installation of two 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC) to fulfill the demand of data-intensive applications.
Equipped with 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM and up to 64GB expansion support, RS3617RPxs ensures data accuracy as well as superior performance to provide a rigorous foundation for the mission-critical tasks of your business.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS3617RPxs integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wise snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only the specific single file or folder.
- Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when compared with ext4 file system.
RS3617RPxs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack Cinder. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, RS3617RPxs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, RS3617RPxs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to user. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack Cinder support, RS3617RPxs can be used as a block-based storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS3617RPxs comes fully equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Easy integration with existing business network environments through Windows® AD and LDAP directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS3617RPxs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Built-in backup applications protect information assets by regularly backing up files and iSCSI LUNs locally and remotely.
- Continuous data protection with snapshots of shared folders allows restoration of previous versions when the need arises.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 2,612MB/s in reading
RS3617RPxs is designed to grow with businesses and provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108TB (default) / 200TB (with at least 32GB RAM installed) on the fly.
RS3617RPxs supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs for flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes. When the storage capacity of RS3617RPxs nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with up to two Synology Expansion Unit RX1217/RX1217RP via specially-designed connection cables to maximize data transmission throughput between main server and expansion units.
Management of the large storage space on RS3617RPxs is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows users to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage the storage across all hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume could be easily expanded without any service disruption
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS3617RPxs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact to applications.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or Docker DSM data remain safe and available in the event of disaster.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single point of failure.
- DDR4 ECC UDIMMs reduces power consumption and detect and correct errors during data transmission.
- Tool-free system fan design allows hot swap and easy exchange of malfunctioned system fans.
What’s in it for you??
- Reliable centralized storage solution for large scale businesses
- Blazing performance at over 3,829 MB/s throughput and 433,873 IOPS1
- Intel Xeon D-1521 Quad-Core 4GHz turbo boost to 2.7GHz
- 8GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM, expandable up to 64GB
- Optional 10GbE network capability Scale up to 36 drives with Synology RX1217/RX1217RP
- Complete virtualization solution for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, and Citrix
- OpenStack Cinder support
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Redundant power supplies and redesigned chassis for stronger durability and reliability
- Backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty & Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
Datasheet and User Guide
|Intel Xeon D-1521 quad-core 2.4GHz burst up to 2.7GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine|
|8GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM (expandable up to 64GB)|
|Compatible drive type|
|12 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA (hard drives not included)|
|Maximum internal raw capacity|
|120TB (12 x 10TB HDD) (The actual capacity will differ according to volume types)|
|USB 3.0 x 2, Expansion port (Infiniband) x 2|
|88 mm x 430.5 mm x 692 mm|
|1GbE (RJ-45) x 4|
|PCIe 3.0 x8 slot|
|Two running at x8 mode, supports two dual-port 10GbE network interface cards|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|Wireless support (dongle)|
|AC input power voltage|
|100V to 240V AC|
|50 / 60Hz, single phase|
|5 to 35°C (40 to 95°F)|
|-20 to 60°C (-5 to 140°F)|
|5% to 95% RH|
|RS3617RPxs main unit, Quick Installation Guide, accessory pack, AC power cord x 2|
|Camera License Pack, VS360HD, Synology RKS1317 - Rail Kit Sliding, 8GB and 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM module,Synology Expansion Unit (RX1217/RX1217RP x 2), 10Gbps Ethernet adapter E10G17-F2 / E10G15-F1|
|FCC: Class A, CE: Class A, BSMI: Class A|