- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Synology Rackstation RS2418RP+ 12-Bay NAS 2U Rack Intel C3538 Quad-Core 2.1GhZ
$3,856.99 (inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
Compatible with HDD/SDD,M.2 SSD Via M2D17,M.2 SSD Via M2D18,USB Storage Device,UPS,Wireless Router,PCIe Network Interface Cards,RAM Module,Rail Kit and Expansion Unit
4GB DDR4 4xGbE LAN 2xUSB3.0 1xExpansion Port 1xPCIe 2xM.2 ~RS2416RP+
Synology RackStation RS2418RP+ is a 12-bay NAS designed for small- and medium-sized businesses. It provides flexible storage and M.2 SSD expandability, ideal to serve as a file server or centralized backup destination. It can be seamlessly integrated in virtual environments and provides easy to-use storage applications to safeguard company data assets. Synology RS2418RP+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
Scalable Storage Server On Demand
Synology RS2418RP+ is a 2U, 12-bay network-attached storage solution, providing flexible storage capacity for growing businesses. It can support up to 24 drives when connected to one Synology RX1217/RX1217RP expansion unit. It is ideal to serve as a file server, a centralized backup target, or a hub-and-spoke backup target for distributed businesses.
RS2418RP+ is equipped with a quad-core processor and 4GB DDR4 memory (up to 64GB) With Link Aggregation enabled, RS2418RP+ delivers sequential throughput performance at over 1,400 MBps reading and 580 MBps writing and the iSCSI 4K random IOPS performance can reach over 38,900 in reading and 27,000 in writing,able to be expanded with the addition of an M.2 SSD cache.
Cross-Platform File Sharing and Data Synchronization
RS2418RP+ can serve as a centralized backup destination, providing large storage capacity with affordable cost of ownership. Large amount of data scattered on employees’ workstations can be easily backed up and synced to a centralized target on RS2418RP+. Cloud Sync keeps your Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Baidu, and Box storage in sync with RS2418+. Synology Drive synchronizes your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Use the universal portal to access your data anytime and anywhere.
With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with optimized storage utilization and allows for backing up to multiple destinations–local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync servers, and public cloud services.
Effortless Virtualization Environment
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration certification, RS2418RP+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS2418RP+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improves the overall stability.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS2418RP+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.
- Optional 5-year warranty is available in select regions.
What’s in it for you??
- High performance and scalable 2U NAS readily adapts to demanding business needs
- Outstanding performance at over 1,400 MBps sequential read throughput and 27,000 4K random write IOPS3, capable of installing optional 10GbE NICs
- Scale up to 24 drives with Synology RX1217/RX1217RP
- Comprehensive file services including SMB, NFS, FTP and WebDAV with Windows ACL & Domain/LDAP support
- Dynamic iSCSI/NFS storage for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Citrix, and OpenStack
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Backed with SRS, Synology’s next business-day replacement service
Datasheet and User Guide
|Intel Atom C3538 quad-core 2.1GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine|
|4 GB DDR4-2133 Non-ECC UDIMM (expandable up to 64 GB with 16 GB ECC UDIMM x 4)|
|Compatible drive type|
|12 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD (drives not included)|
|Hot swappable drive|
|2 x USB 3.0 port|
|1 x Expansion port|
|88 x 430.5 x 692 mm (RS2418RP+)|
|88 x 482 x 724 mm (RS2418RP+ with server ears)|
|4 x 1GbE (RJ-45)|
|PCIe 3.0 slot|
|x8 slot x 1 (4-lane)|
|High-performance network interface card support|
|M.2 SATA SSD adapter card support|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|Scheduled power on/off|
|4 (80 x 80 x 25 mm)|
|AC input power voltage|
|100V to 240V AC|
|50/60Hz, single phase|
|5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)|
|-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude|
|5,000 m (16,400 ft)|
|RS2418RP+ main unit x 1|
|Quick Installation Guide x 1|
|Accessory pack x 1|
|AC power cord x 2|
|4GB DDR4-2133 Non-ECC UDIMM (D4N2133-4G)|
|16GB DDR4-2133 ECC UDIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4-16G)|
|Synology E10G17-F2/E10G15-F1 10Gbps Ethernet adapters|
|Synology M2D17 M.2 SSD adapter card|
|Expansion Unit RX1217/RX1217RP|
|RKS1317-Rail Kit Sliding|
|VisualStation VS360HD, VS960HD|
|Surveillance Device License Pack|
|MailPlus License Pack|
|Virtual DSM License Pack|