- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Synology RackStation RS18017xs+ 12-Bay NAS 2U Rack Intel Xeon D-1531 6-Core 2.7GHz 16GB DDR4 4x1GbE 2x10GbE 2xUSB3.0 1xExpansion Port 2xPCIe Hot Swap
$11,878.90(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
Compatible with HDD/SDD,M.2 SSD Via M2D18,USB Storage Device,UPS,Wireless Router,PCIe Network Interface Cards,RAM Module,Rail Kit and Expansion Unit
Engineered for scalability to meet any storage demands, Synology RackStation RS18017xs+ provides reliable, high-performance network attached storage for enterprises seeking flexible storage solutions. With scalability of up to 180 drives, RS18017xs+ allows simple data management with minimal time investment required for setup and maintenance. Synology RS18017xs+ is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Powerful Storage Solution with Ample Upgradability
Powered by an Intel Xeon D-1531 6-core CPU and 16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (expandable up to 128GB), Synology RS18017xs+ is the ideal companion for intensive data processing, video post-productions, and virtualization applications that increasingly require more storage space.
RS18017xs+ comes natively with dual 10GBase-T ports and four Gigabit ports, along with two 8-lane PCIe 3.0 slots for additional high-performance network interface cards (NICs). When configured with 6 x 10GbE ports with Link
Aggregation enabled, RS18017xs+ provides ultra-high sequential throughput atover 4,800 MB/s and 568,000 sequential IOPS
RS18017xs+ features 12 x 3.5″ drive bays in a 2U form factor and allows pairingup to 7 expansion units for a combined 180 drives or 96 drives when paired with Synology Expansion Unit RX2417sas or RX1217sas respectively
- 7 x RX1217sas for additional 84 x 3.5″ / 2.5″ SAS / SATA HDD / SSD drives
- 7 x RX2417sas for additional 168 x 2.5″ SAS / SATA HDD / SSD drives
Rock-Solid Data Protection
The Snapshot Replication application provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection. It replicates 65,000 system-wide backup copies to offsite servers and local volumes, bringing near-instantaneous data protection and ensuring data in shared folders or virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs remain available in the event of a disaster.
With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with optimized storage space utilization and allows multiple backup destinations to local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync server, and public cloud services.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS18017xs+ integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wide snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID 1, 5, 6, and 10.
RS18017xs+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, RS18017xs+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improve the efficiency of massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack support, RS18017xs+ can be used as a block-based storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), RS18017xs+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for largescale business:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing RS18017xs+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- Powerful collaboration suite that includes Synology Office, Calendar and Chat for secure and high-performance private communications and user-friendly content organization.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. RS18017xs+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures a seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High-reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heatsink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
- DDR4 ECC RDIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and correction capabilities during data transmission
What’s in it for you??
- Ultra-high performance of over 4,800 MB/s sequential read throughput and 568,000 sequential read IOPS
- Intel Xeon D-1531 6-core CPU and 16GB (up to 128GB) DDR4 ECC RDIMM
- Dual 10GBase-T ports and optional 10GbE NICs, providing up to 6 x 10GbE ports for maximum performance throughput
- Scale up to 96 drives with 7 x RX1217sas / 180 drives with 7 x RX2417sas
- Complete virtualization solution for VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, and OpenStack
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Backed with 5 year, next business day replacement service
Datasheet and User Guide
|Intel Xeon D-1531 6-core 2.2GHz, burst up to 2.7GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine|
|16 GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 128GB|
|Compatible drive type|
|12 x 3.5 / 2.5" SAS / SATA HDD / SSD|
|2 x USB 3.0 port|
|1 x Expansion port|
|88 x 430.5 x 692 mm|
|88 x 482 x 724 mm (with server ears)|
|2 x 10GbE RJ45 (10GBase-T)|
|4 x 1GbE RJ45|
|PCIe 3.0 slot|
|2 x 8-lane x8 slot|
|High-performance network interface card support|
|Scheduled power on / off|
|4 (80 x 80 x 32 mm)|
|AC input power voltage|
|100V to 240V AC|
|50 to 60Hz, single phase|
|5°C to 35°C (40°F - 95°F)|
|-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude|
|5,000 m (16,400 ft)|
|RS18017xs+ main unit|
|Quick Installation Guide|
|2 x AC power cord|
|16GB / 32GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM (RAMRG2133DDR4-16G / RAMRG2133DDR4-32G)|
|Synology E10G17-F2 / E10G15-F1 10Gbps Ethernet adapters|
|Synology Expansion Unit RX1217sas / RX2417sas|
|Synology RKS1317-Rail Kit Sliding|
|Synology Surveillance Video Decoder VS360HD|
|Surveillance Device License Pack|
|MailPlus License Pack|
|Docker DSM License Pack|