- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Synology DiskStation DS3617xs 12-Bay 3.5″ Diskless 2xGbE/10GbE* NAS (Scalable) (ENT)
$4,003.73(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
Compatible with HDD/SDD,M.2 SSD Via M2D17,USB Storage Device,UPS,Wireless Router,PCIe Network Interface Cards,RAM Module and Expansion Unit
Synology DiskStation DS3617xs provides the reliable and ultra-high performance network attached storage solution for large-scale businesses that require an efficient way to centralize data protection, simplify data management, deploy virtualization solutions, and rapidly expand storage capacity with minimal time spent on setup and maintenance. Synology DS3617xs is backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty
Synology DS3617xs is a 12-bay desktop network attached storage solution with powerful network performance and easy management. The NAS integrates an Intel® Xeon® D-1527 quad-core processor and dual-channel 16 GB DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM (up to 48 GB), providing fast system response time and optimized multitasking operation.
With an optional 10GbE network card installed, DS3617xs delivers outstanding network performance at over 2,358 MB/s sequential throughput reading and 406,760 sequential IOPS reading under a RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS3617xs integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wise snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific single file or folder.
- Cloud Station with file versioning reduces down to half of storage consumption when compared with ext4 file system.
DS3617xs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments,including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, DS3617xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, DS3617xs enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to users. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack support, DS3617xs can be used as a block-based storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3617xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3617xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Application privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
Management of the storage space on DS3617xs is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows you to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage your storage across all available hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume can be easily expanded without any service disruption. DS3617xs provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108 TB (default) / 200 TB (with at least 32 GB RAM installed) on the fly. When the storage capacity of DS3617xs nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with up to two Synology Expansion Unit DX1215 to support up to 36 SATA drives
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS3617xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in the event of a disaster.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology prevents single points of failure.
- DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM reduces power consumption and has error detection and correction capabilities during data transmission.
What’s in it for you??
- Ultra high-performance of over 2,358 MB/s sequential throughput reading and 406,760 sequential IOPS reading
- Intel Xeon D-1527 quad-core CPU and 16 GB (up to 48 GB) DDR4 ECC SODIMM
- Scale up to 36 drives with 2 x Synology Expansion Unit DX1215
- PCIe 3.0 slot to support optional high performance network interface card
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Complete virtualization solution for VMware®, Citrix®, Microsoft® Hyper-V® and OpenStack®
- Backed with SRS, Synology’s next business day replacement service
Datasheet and User Guide
|Intel Xeon D-1527 quad-core 2.2GHz, burst up to 2.7GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine|
|16 GB DDR4-2133 ECC SO-DIMM (expandable up to 48 GB)|
|Compatible drive type|
|12 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA SSD / HDD (drives not included)|
|2 x USB 3.0 port|
|2 x expansion port|
|270 x 300 x 340 mm|
|4 x 1GbE (RJ45)|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|PCIe 3.0 slot|
|One x8 slot (at 8-lane)|
|Scheduled power on / off|
|2 (120 x 120 x 25 mm)|
|AC input power voltage|
|100V to 240V AC|
|50 / 60Hz, single phase|
|5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude|
|2,000 m (6,500 ft)|
|DS3617xs main unit|
|Quick Installation Guide|
|AC power cord|
|16 GB DDR4-2133 ECC SO-DIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4SO-16G)|
|Synology E10G17-F2 / E10G15-F1 10Gbps Ethernet adapters|
|Synology Expansion Unit DX1215|
|Surveillance Device License Pack|