- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Synology DiskStation DS3018xs 6-Bay 3.5″ Diskless 4 x GbE/10GbE support NAS (Scalable) (ENT) – 5 year wty with SRS
$2,671.90(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
Compatible with HDD/SDD,M.2 SSD Via M2D17,M.2 SSD Via M2D18,USB Storage Device,UPS,Wireless Router,PCIe Network Interface Cards,RAM Module and Expansion Unit
DS3018xs is Powerful 6-bay NAS optimized for dataintensive applications in small and medium business
Synology DiskStation DS3018xs provides a reliable and powerful network attached storage solution for small and medium businesses. As the storage can be supercharged with the optional M.2 SSD adapter card for dual SSD as cache, it is the ideal solution for simplifying data management and planning virtualization deployment. Synology DS3018xs is backed with Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
Synology DS3018xs is a brand new 6-bay network attached storage solution with exceptional performance and flexible scalability. It can be installed with an optional 10GbE network card, thereby delivering over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential read IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration in a 10GbE environment. DS3018xs is powered by a dual-core 2.2 GHz processor with a boost frequency of 2.6 GHz and backed by 8GB RAM, which is expandable up to 32GB.
DS3018xs supports up to 30 drives with two Synology DX12152 expansion units,allowing you to start small and easily scale up on demand. In addition to 10GbE add-on cards, which can upgrade the network capacity of DS3018xs, the PCIe slot also supports the optional PCIe M.2 SSD adapter card M2D173 for dual M.2 SSD slots to function as SSD cache for greatly enhanced storage performance without using the 3.5″ drive bays.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage
DS3018xs integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wide snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID 1, 5, 6, and 10
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3018xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3018xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based file explorer, Synology File Station. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- With Synology Office, Calendar and Chat, the powerful Collaboration Suite allows secure and efficient private communications as well as content organization that your business can easily manage and control
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager opens up abundant possibilities, allowing you to set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM. You can also test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers’ machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS3018xs without spending extra cost for deployment and maintenance.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS3018xs responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers and that your services remain online in the event of unexpected disasters.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available when disasters happen.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
What’s in it for you??
- Powerful 6-bay NAS optimized for dataintensive applications in small and medium business
- Ultra-high performance of over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential IOPS reading
- Dual-core CPU with AES-NI and 8GB (up to 32GB) DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM RAM
- PCIe 3.0 slot for optional 10GbE add-on card or M2D17 adapter card for dual M.2 SSD as cache
- Four built-in 1GbE (RJ-45) ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation
- Scalable up to 30 drives with two DX1215 expansion units
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Backed with SRS, Synology’s next business-day replacement service
Datasheet and User Guide
|Intel Pentium D1508 dual-core 2.2GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine|
|8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM (expandable up to 32 GB)|
|Compatible drive type|
|6 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA SSD / HDD (drives not included)|
|2 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 SATA SSD3 (drives not included)|
|3 x USB 3.0 ports|
|2 x expansion ports|
|166 x 282 x 243 mm|
|4 x 1GbE (RJ-45)|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|PCIe 3.0 slot|
|1 x 8-lane x8 slot|
|10GbE network interface cards support|
|M.2 SSD adapter card support|
|Scheduled power on/off|
|2 (92 x 92 x 25 mm)|
|AC input power voltage|
|100V to 240V AC|
|50/60Hz, single phase|
|5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude|
|3,048 m (10,000 ft)|
|DS3018xs main unit x 1|
|Quick Installation Guide x 1|
|Accessory pack x 1|
|AC power cord x 1|
|RJ-45 LAN cable x 2|
|16 GB DDR4-2133 ECC SO-DIMM (RAMEC2133DDR4SO-16G)|
|Synology E10G17-F2 / E10G15-F1 10Gbps Ethernet adapters|
|Synology M2D17 M.2 SSD adapter card|
|Synology Expansion Unit DX1215|
|Surveillance Device License Pack|
|MailPlus License Pack|