- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
StarTech 2.5in SATA Removable Hard Drive Bay for PC Expansion Slot
$58.00 (inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
StarTech.com 2.5in SATA Removable Hard Drive Bay for PC Expansion Slot, 6.35 cm (2.5″), Black, 158.37 g, 234 g, 0 – 55 °C
Use an available expansion card slot to install a hot swappable 2.5in hard drive
The S25SLOTR Trayless Hard Drive Rack can be installed into an available (full profile) PCI expansion card slot, providing easy access to a bare 2.5″ SATA hard drive or solid state drive (SSD) from the rear panel of a computer case.
Unlike conventional hard drive enclosures, the S25SLOTR hard drive rack doesn’t require that a drive be installed in a drive tray, saving the time and hassle involved in having to mount or install the hard drive for access to drive contents.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Once installed in a PCI slot (and accompanying rear panel bracket), installing a 2.5″ SATA HDD is as simple as inserting it into the trayless rack. To remove the hard drive, simply hit the eject button to unlock the access door, allowing the drive to be pulled out of the computer without having to dismount the drive.
* This unique design of the mobile rack enables you to use any available full profile expansion slot to mount a removable 2.5in SATA hard drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
– Utilize a free expansion card slot to add a removable 2.5″ SATA hard drive bay
– Vented aluminum/steel design and a 50,000+ insertion rating ensures reliability of the drive and drive rack
– Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
|Weight & dimensions||