Sophos XG Firewall takes an innovative approach across all areas of network security. From the way firewalls are managed, to the way they report information and how they work with other security systems around them, giving you an unprecedented level of simplicity, insight, and advanced threat protection.
With an interface designed to eliminate unnecessary complexity, it enables you to use the powerful features without needing to become an IT security expert.
Advanced protection kept simple: Most firewall products make you set up and manage policies across multiple modules or screens. Not Sophos. We provide a powerful unified policy model that allows you to manage, view, filter, and sort all your user, application and network policies on a single screen.
Potent, powerful … fast: You get all the next-gen firewall features you need plus features you can’t get anywhere else – including our revolutionary Security Heartbeat™, full web application firewall, and complete email anti-spam, encryption and DLP. No extra hardware. No extra cost. Simply choose what you want to deploy
On-box reports included as standard: With hundreds of built-in reports you’ll know exactly what’s happening with your users and your network. You get detailed reports as standard, stored locally with no separate tools required. And our unique User Threat Quotient reports show you which of your users are putting your security at risk.
More-in-one protection: We’ve engineered XG Firewall to deliver outstanding performance. Our appliances are built using Intel multi-core technology, solid-state drives, and accelerated in-memory content scanning. In addition Sophos FastPath packet optimization technology ensures you’ll always get maximum throughput.
Simply manage multiple firewalls: Sophos Firewall Manager provides a single console for the complete central management of multiple SF-OS firewalls. And if you also want to consolidate reporting across multiple SF-OS, Sophos UTM v9.x and Cyberoam OS appliances then with Sophos iView, you can.
Policy templates get you protected fast: Pre-defined policy templates let you protect common applications like Microsoft Exchange or SharePoint fast. Simply select them from a list, provide some basic information and the template takes care of the rest. It sets all the inbound/outbound firewall rules and security settings for you automatically – displaying the final policy in a statement in plain English.
Patented Layer-8 Identity control: User identity takes enforcement to a whole new layer with our patented Layer-8 identity based policy technology enabling user level controls over applications, bandwidth and other network resources regardless of IP-address, location, network or device. It literally takes firewall policy to a whole new layer
Flexible deployment, no compromise: Unlike our competitors whether you choose hardware, software, or virtual we don’t make you compromise – every feature is available on every model and form- factor
Automated user risk reports: The Sophos User Threat Quotient (UTQ) indicator is a unique feature which provides actionable intelligence on user behavior. Our firewall correlates each user’s surfing habits and activity with advanced threat triggers and history to identify users with risk-prone behavior.
A revolution in advanced threat protection – Sophos Security Heartbeat™: An industry first, our Security Heartbeat links your endpoints and your firewall to combine their intelligence and identify systems compromised by previously unknown threats. The Heartbeat status is integrated into security policy settings to instantly trigger actions at both endpoint and network levels to isolate or limit access until systems are healthy again. This feature requires Sophos Cloud Endpoint Protection Advanced or Sophos Cloud Enduser Protection.
What’s in it for you?
- Purpose-built user interface with interactive control center
- Optimized three-clicks-to-anywhere navigation
- Policy Control Center Widget monitors policy activity for business, user and network policies and tracks unused, disabled, changed and new policies
- New unified policy model enabling all business, user and network policies to be managed on a single screen with powerful filtering and search options
- Policy Templates for common business applications like Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, and much more defined in XML enabling customization and sharing.
- Policy natural language descriptions and at- a-glance policy enforcement indicators
- Custom IPS, Web, App, and Traffic Shapping (QoS) settings per user or network policy on a single screen
- Layer-8 user identity awareness across key areas of the firewall
- Sophos Security Heartbeat connecting Sophos endpoints with the Firewall to share health status and telemetry to enable instant identification of unhealty or compromised endpoints
- Policy support for Sophos Security Heartbeat to automatically isolate or limit network access to compromised endpoints
- User Threat Quotient for identifying risky users based on recent browsing behavior and ATP triggers
- Application Risk Meter provides and overall risk factor based on the risk level of applications on the network
- Configuration API for all features for RMM/PSA integration
- Discover Mode (TAP mode) for seamless integration for trials and PoCs
- Full-featured centralized management with Sophos Firewall Manager available as a hardware, software, or virtual appliance
- New virtual and software licensing model based on CPU and Memory resources