- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
Ubiquiti 5Ghz Rocket AC PRISM, Gen2 (RP-5AC-GEN2)
$458.59(inc. of GST)
- 12 payments
- 16 payments
- 6 payments
- 8 payments
*Other fees may apply.
Ubiquiti Rocket AC Prism Gen2 5GHz Radio with speeds up to 500+Mbps
Ubiquiti Networks has designed airMAX Rocket AC Prism Gen2 5GHz Radio with speeds up to 500+Mbps with high performance and ease of installation in mind. The Rocket®Prism 5AC Gen 2 features both airMAX ac and airPrism technologies for maximum wireless performance in high‑density areas. Pair the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 with airMAX ac antennas for optimal performance:
- PtP backhaul RocketDish™ ac Antenna
- PtMP links airMAX ac Sector
Worldwide 5 GHz Coverage
Deploy the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 anywhere in the world. It delivers complete coverage of the 5 GHz spectrum with a single radio. The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 allows for flexibility in configuring channel bandwidths (subject to local country regulations).
To enhance airMAX ac performance, Ubiquiti Networks introduces our patented airPrism technology, which is featured on the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2, model RP-5AC-Gen2.
High data rates require a high Signal‑to‑Noise Ratio (SNR), which is challenging to achieve, especially in noisy, high‑density areas. Integrated into Ubiquiti’s custom silicon, airPrism technology creates a high SNR by isolating signals within the operating channel and rejecting interference using specialized circuitry, the High‑Selectivity Receiver (HSR).
Depending on the product model and operating mode, available channel widths may include 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and/or 80 MHz. Theoretically APs operate on different channels; however, because of the wider channel bandwidths, there can be overlap in spectrum usage. airPrism technology removes up to an additional 30+ dB of adjacent channel interference through the active filtering design, so an airMAX ac AP with airPrism technology can provide significantly greater performance than a typical AP.
Facilitates AP Co-Location
Co-location is vital in many scenarios. For example, a WISP may have limited tower space, so it must co‑locate all APs within that allotted footprint. Shielding and other means can lessen interference but may be impractical. By deploying airMAX ac APs with airPrism technology, you can co‑locate APs and enhance the overall performance of your wireless network.
What’s in it for you?
- 5 GHz Frequency Band With: Plenty of available spectrum, this unlicensed band works well for long‑distance links. The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 features full-band 5 GHz coverage and maximizes output power for the US market, meeting strict OOBE requirements.
- airView Use the real-time spectrum analyzer so you can identify noise signatures and design your wireless links to minimize noise interference.
- High Performance: To take full advantage of its design and capabilities, deploy the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 for PtP or PtMP links in high RF noise environments.
- airPrism Sector Antenna: You can mount three Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 radios on the airPrism 5 GHz 3×30° HD Sector Antenna, model AP‑5AC‑90‑HD, for PtMP links. Each Rocket radio corresponds with a specific 30° beamwidth and independently transmits and receives.
- Dedicated Management Radio: Access the airOS configuration interface instantly through the UMobile app to set up and manage your Rocket 5AC Prism Gen 2.
- Robust Die Cast Aluminum Casing Helps protect the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 against electromagnetic interference.
- GPS for Superior Co-Location Performance: Precise GPS frame synchronization enable co-located Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 radios to transmit and receive data without interfering with each other, allowing for better frequency reuse and increased network stability.
- Improved Surge Protection: The Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2 utilizes the latest ESD protection to help protect against power surges.
- Gigabit Ethernet: Delivers high throughput over its wired connection.
- Plug and Play: Every airMAX antenna has a built-in Rocket mount, so no tools are needed to install the Rocket Prism 5AC Gen 2. (airMAX ac antennas are recommended for optimal performance.
Guide and Datasheet
|Dimensions 88 x 40 x 230 mm (3.47 x 1.58 x 9.06")|
|Weight 400 g (14.11 oz)|
|Networking Interface (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port|
|RF Connectors (2) RP-SMA (Waterproof ) (1) GPS (Waterproof )|
|LEDs (4) Signal Strength, GPS, Power, LAN|
|Enclosure Die-Cast Aluminum with White Powder Coating|
|Max. Power Consumption 9.5W|
|Power Supply 24V, 1A Gigabit PoE Adapter (Included)|
|Power Method Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)|
|Processor MIPS 74Kc|
|Memory 128 MB DDR2 SDRAM|
|Operating Temperature -40 to 80° C (-40 to 176° F)|
|Operating Humidity 5 to 95% Noncondensing|
|ESD/EMP Protection ± 24KV Contact / Air for Ethernet|
|Shock and Vibrations ETSI300-019-1.4|
|Certifications CE, FCC, IC|