- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
MERAKI MX84 CLOUD MANAGED SECURITY APPLIANCE
(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
MERAKI MX84 CLOUD MANAGED SECURITY APPLIANCE
Cisco Meraki Security Appliances can be remotely deployed in minutes using zero-touch cloud provisioning. Security settings are simple to synchronize across thousands of sites using templates. Auto VPN technology securely connects branches in 3 clicks, through an intuitive, web-based dashboard.
The Meraki MX84 is an enterprise security appliance designed for distributed deployments that require remote administration. It is ideal for network administrators who demand both ease of deployment and a state-of-the-art feature set. This security appliance provides the following new features:
- USB port, to support approved 3G/4G cards for failover to cellular networks.
- Support for eight configurable GbE (RJ45) connections.
- Two GbE SFP connections (requires optional Meraki SFP-1GB-SX transceiver).
- Dedicated management port.
- Front-panel rack mounts.
Every Meraki Security Appliance supports several features, like a stateful firewall and integrated Sourcefire intrusion prevention (IPS) engine, to keep networks secure. Threat definitions and filter lists are seamlessly updated, ensuring every site has bleeding-edge protection from the latest vulnerabilities and troublesome websites.
Software-defined WAN capabilities in every security appliance reduce operational costs and improve resource usage for multi-site deployments, allowing network administrators to use available bandwidth more efficiently and ensure the highest possible level of performance for critical applications without sacrificing security or data privacy.
Redundancy is built in to Meraki Security Appliances: from dual WAN and cellular uplinks to maintain connection to the Internet, to warm spare failover that ensures service integrity, to self-healing site-to-site VPN that keeps branches and public cloud IT services securely connected.
Intuitive Centralized Management
he Meraki dashboard enables network administrators to view networked clients, bandwidth consumption, and application usage across all sites—and push policies to block, shape, or whitelist activity to optimize performance and user experience. Deep visibility and control provides real insight from any Internet-accessible device, anytime, anywhere.
What’s in it for you?
- Identity-Based Firewall – Automatically assigns firewall and traffic shaping rules, VLAN tags, and bandwidth limits to enforce the right policies for each class of users.
- Intrusion Prevention – Protects critical network resources from the latest security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Auto VPN – Securely connects branch locations using mesh or hub-and-spoke topologies. Provides simple VPN access into Amazon Web Services.
- Content Filtering – Block undesirable web content across 70+ categories, and leverage cloud lookups to filter billions of URLs.
- Advanced Malware Protection – Protect your network against malware using the latest threat intelligence, and identify previously unknown malicious files with retrospective detection.
- High Availability & Failover – Provides device and connection integrity through multiple uplinks, warm spare failover, and self-healing VPN.
- Application Visibility & Control – Identify which applications are being used, and then prioritize critical apps while limiting recreational apps.
- Centralized Management – Seamlessly manage campus-wide WiFi deployments and distributed multi-site networks from a single pane-of-glass.
|Network and Security Services|
|Stateful firewall, 1:1 NAT, DHCP, DMZ, static routing|
|Auto VPN™ self-configuring site-to-site VPN|
|Client VPN (IPsec)|
|User and device quarantine|
|VLAN support and DHCP services|
|Advanced Security Services|
|Content filtering (Webroot BrightCloud CIPA-compliant URL database)|
|Web search filtering (including Google and Bing SafeSearch)|
|YouTube for Schools|
|Intrusion prevention (SourceFire Snort based)|
|Antivirus and antiphishing filtering (Kaspersky SafeStream II engine)|
|Requires Advanced Security License|
|WAN Performance Management|
|WAN link aggregation|
|Application level (Layer 7) traffic analysis and shaping|
|Automatic Layer 3 failover (including VPN connections)|
|WAN uplink selection based on traffic type|
|Monitoring and Management|
|Web based management and configuration|
|Throughput, connectivity monitoring and alerts|
|Network asset discovery and user identification|
|Built-in network-wide reporting, monitoring and alerts|
|Centralized policy management|
|Real-time diagnostic and troubleshooting over the web|
|Automatic firmware upgrades and security patches|
|Searchable network-wide event logs|
|10 × GbE (2 WAN)|
|2 × SFP|
|1 × USB 2.0 for 3G/4G failover (supported devices)|
|Stateful firewall throughput: 500 Mbps|
|VPN throughput: 250 Mbps|
|Recommended for mid-sized to large branches (up to 200 users)|
|Single 100W power supply|
|Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)|
|Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing|
|Lifetime hardware warranty with advanced replacement included|