- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
MERAKI MS225-48 L2 STCK CLD-MNGD 48X GIGE SWITCH
(inc. of GST)
Buy now, pay smarter. Learn more
MERAKI MS225-48 L2 STCK CLD-MNGD 48X GIGE SWITCH
The Cisco Meraki MS225 series switches provide layer 2 access switching and are ideal for deploying to branch locations. With stacking capabilities and 10G SFP+ uplinks on every model, performance is guaranteed. This family also supports an optional, rack-mountable remote PSU (Cisco RPS-2300) for power redundancy requirements.
Cisco Meraki switches are built from the ground up to be easy to manage without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches.
The Meraki MS is managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud interface, rather than a cryptic command line. To bring up a Meraki switch, just plug it in; there’s no need for complicated configuration files, or even direct physical access to the switch.
Meraki’s centralized management gives administrators deep visibility into the network and how it’s used. See which switches are near capacity across hundreds of sites. Find all configuration changes made by a certain person with instant search.
Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- True zero-touch device provisioning
- Virtual stacking: manage up to thousands of ports from a single pane of glass.
- Application layer visibility with automatic operating system, client, and hostname fingerprinting.
- Powerful Live Tools such as packet capture and cable test to isolate and troubleshoot network issues.
- Alerts upon power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Role-based administration and automatic, scheduled firmware upgrades over the web.
- Regular feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from the Meraki cloud.
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
The Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Meraki switches support rich qualityof-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switches support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization.
PoE models provide power VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. In addition, using CDP and LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported. For the most power-hungry applications, support for Cisco UPoE is also available. The Meraki MC products work flawlessly with Meraki switches, and create a unique and powerful experience to installing, supporting and troubleshooting VoIP technology
Application Layer Visibility
Meraki is the only switch to include integrated Layer 7 fingerprinting. Identify hundreds of applications from business apps to BitTorrent and YouTube. User fingerprinting with Google-like search allows administrators to easily identify and control individual users, PCs, iMacs, iPads, Androids, and other devices. This unprecedented visibility allows optimizing of network resources and maintaining optimal network performance.
Unified Software Architecture
Meraki switches run the same Meraki operating system used by all of Meraki’s products. The use of a common operating system allows Meraki to deliver a consistent experience across all product lines. When connected, MS250 switches automatically connect to the Meraki cloud, download configuration, and join the appropriate network. If new firmware is required, this is retireved by the switch and updated automatically. This ensures the network is kept up-to date with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.
What’s in it for you?
- Gigabit Access switching with 24 and 48 port models and optional PoE+
- 4 x 10G SFP+ uplink interfaces on all models
- Built-in dual stacking interfaces with up to 80G bandwidth
- Non-blocking switch backplane with up to 176 Gbps bandwidth support
- Up to 740 watt PoE budget with PoE+ support and dynamic power allocation for powering APs, phones, cameras, and other PoE-enabled devices
- 8 dedicated QoS queues for converged voice, video, and data applications
- Low power consumption, quiet acoustic design, and shallow rack depth options, enabling flexible deployment in wiring closets as well as offices and classrooms
- Integrated mounting brackets for rack and desk mounting
- Fanless design on select models
- Lifetime hardware warranty and advanced replacement at no additional cost
Guide and Datasheet
- Model - MS225-48
- Dimensions - MS225-48 1.72 x 19.08 x 13.38” ; (4.38 x 48.46 x 34cm)
- Weight - 8.78 lb (3.98 kg)
- Switchning Capacity - 176 Gbps
- Stacking Bandwidth - 80G (dual interface)
- 48 x 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet RJ45 with auto negotiation and crossover detection (auto-MDIX crossover)
- 4 x SFP+ 10GbE uplink
- 2 x stacking ports
- RJ45 Management port
- Managed via the Web with the Meraki cloud management platform
- Integrated with Meraki Wireless and complete portfolio of IT products and solutions
- Zero-touch remote provisioning (no staging needed)
- Detailed historical per-port and per-client usage statistics
- DHCP, client, and hostname fingerprinting
- SNMPd and SYSLOG support for integration with other network management solutions
- Automatic firmware upgrades with scheduling control
- Email, SMS and Mobile push notification alerts 1
- Cable testing and link failure detection with alerting
- Live remote packet capture
- Dynamic and interactive network discovery and topology
- Combined event and configuration change logs with instant search
- Physical stacking of up to 8 switches with 80 Gbps stack bandwidth on all models
- Virtual stacking supports thousands of switch ports in a single logical stack for unified
- management, monitoring, and configuration
Ethernet Switching Capabilities
- 802.1p Quality of Service, 8 queues and configurable DSCP to CoS mapping
- 802.1Q VLAN and trunking support for up to 4,095 VLANs
- 802.1w, 802.1D Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP, STP)
- Broadcast storm control
- 802.1ab Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- 802.3ad Link aggregation with up to 8 ports per aggregate , Multichassis aggregates
- supported on stacked switches
- Port mirroring
- IGMP snooping for multicast filtering
- MAC forwarding entries: 16K on 24-port models, 32K on 48-port models
- Integrated two-factor authentication for Dashboard management
- Role-based access control (RBAC) with granular device and configuration control
- SSO, Corporate wide password policy enforcement
- IEEE 802.1X RADIUS, hybrid authentication and RADIUS server testing
- MAC-based RADIUS authentication (MAB)
- Port security: Sticky MAC, MAC whitelisting
- DHCP snooping, detection and blocking
- STP Enhancements: BPDU guard, Root guard
- IPv4 ACLs
- Switching capacity: 128Gbps on 24-port models, 176Gbps on 48-port models
- Forwarding rate: 95.24mpps on 24-port models, 127.98mpps on 48-port models
- Jumbo frame support (9600 byte Ethernet frame)
- Flow control support
- Static routing
- DHCP Relay
- Power input: 100 - 240 VAC, 47-63 Hz
- Power consumption: 15 - 882W
- RPS interface: Requires RPS-2300 chassis, see Cisco RPS-2300 Datasheet for further
- 1U Rack-mountable with included rack mount hardware
- 2-post front mounting options available
- Desktop-mountable with included feet
- Operating temperature: 32 °F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C), 45 °C
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- MS225-24, MS225-48 feature fanless operation
- CSA-US (US, Canada)
- FCC (USA)
- IC (Canada)
- CE (Europe)
- RCM (Australia/New Zealand)
- Full lifetime hardware warranty with next-day advanced replacement included
- Model MTBF (at 25c)
- MS225-24 590,165
- MS225-24P 391,648
- MS225-48 439,585
- MS225-48LP 381,015
- MS225-48FP 320,555
- 1 Requires carrier-supported email to SMS gateway and/or Meraki Mobile app
- 2 For international availability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org