- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
The Cisco Meraki MR33 is a quad-radio, cloud-managed 2×2:2 802.11ac Wave 2 access point with MU-MIMO support. Designed for next-generation deployments in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels, the MR33 provides performance, enterprise-grade security, and simple management.
The MR33 provides a maximum 1.3 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization. An integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio delivers beacon and scanning capabilities.
The combination of cloud management, 802.11ac Wave 2, full-time RF environment scanning, and integrated Bluetooth technology delivers the throughput, reliability, and flexibility required by demanding business applications like voice and high-definition streaming video, today and tomorrow.
The MR33 is managed through the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment without training or certifications. Since the MR33 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can even be deployed at a remote location without on-site IT staff.
The MR33 is monitored 24×7 via the Meraki cloud, which delivers real-time alerts if the network encounters problems. Remote diagnostics tools enable real-time troubleshooting over the web, meaning multi-site, distributed networks can be managed remotely.
The MR33’s firmware is always kept up to date from the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web, meaning no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.
Aggregate data rate of up to 1.3 Gbps*
A 5 GHz 2×2:2 radio supporting 80 MHz channel widths and a 2.4 GHz 2×2:2 radio supporting 40 MHz channel widths offer a combined dual-radio aggregate frame rate of 1.3 Gbps*, with up to 866 Mbps in the 5 GHz band thanks to 802.11ac Wave 2 and 400 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band.
Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO)
With support for the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, the MR33 offers MU-MIMO for more efficient transmission to multiple clients. Especially suited for enviroments with numerous mobile devices, MU-MIMO enables multiple clients to receive data simultanously. This increases the total network perfomance and the improves the end user experience.
Dedicated third radio delivers 24×7 wireless security and RF analytics
The MR33’s sophisticated, dedicated dual-band third radio scans the environment continuously, characterizing RF interference and containing wireless threats like rogue access points. No more need to choose between wireless security, advanced RF analysis, and serving client data: a dedicated third radio means that all three occur in real-time, without any impact to client traffic or AP throughput.
Bluetooth low energy Beacon and scanning
An integrated Bluetooth low energy radio provides seamless deployment of BLE Beacon functionality and effortless visibility of BLE devices within range of the AP. The MR33 enables the next generation of location-aware applications and engagement right out of the box.
Automatic cloud-based RF optimization
The MR33’s sophisticated, automated RF optimization means that there is no need for the dedicated hardware and RF expertise typically required to tune a wireless network. The real-time fullspectrum RF analysis data collected by the dedicated third radio is continuously fed back to the Meraki cloud. The Meraki cloud then automatically tunes the MR33’s channel selection, transmit power, and client connection settings for optimal performance under the most challenging RF conditions.
Secure wireless environments using 24×7 Air Marshal
No longer choose between a wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS) and serving client data: thanks to the dedicated third radio, Air Marshal, a highly optimized built-in WIPS, scans continuously for threats and remediates them as commanded, all without disrupting client service. Alarms and optional auto-containment of rogue APs are configured via flexible remediation policies, ensuring optimal security and performance in even the most challenging wireless environments.
Voice and Video optimizations
Industry standard QoS features are easy to configure like Wireless Multi Media (WMM) Access Categories, 802.1p, and DSCP.
Low-profile, sleek, and compact design
Despite its robust feature set, the MR33 is packaged in a sleek, lowprofile enclosure that blends seamlessly into any environment.
Self-configuring, self-optimizing, self-healing
When plugged in, the MR33 automatically connects to the Meraki cloud, downloads its configuration, and joins the appropriate network. The MR33 then self-optimizes, determining the ideal channel, transmit power, and client connection parameters. As necessary, it will also self-heal, responding automatically to switch failures and other errors.
What’s in it for you?
- 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 1.3 Gbps* aggregate dual-band frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIPS/WIDS, spectrum analytics, and WiFi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into any environment
Guide and Datasheet
- 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac client access radio
- 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac client access radio
- 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz WIDS/WIPS, spectrum analysis, and location analytics radio
- 2.4 GHz Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio with beacon and BLE scanning support
- Concurrent operations of all four radios
- 2.412-2.484 GHz
- 5.150-5.250 GHz (UNII-1)
- 5.250-5.350 GHZ (UNII-2)
- 5.470-5.600, 5.660-5.725 GHz (UNII-2e)
- 5.725 -5.825 GHz (UNII-3)
802.11ac & 802.11n Capabilities
- 2x2 multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) with two spatial streams
- Maximal ratio combining (MRC)
- 20 and 40 MHz channels (802.11n), 20, 40, and 80 MHz channels (802.11ac)
- Up to 256 QAM on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Packet aggregation
- Power over Ethernet: 37 - 57 V (802.3af compatible)
- Alternative 12 V DC input
- Power consumption: 11W max (802.3af)
- Power over Ethernet injector and DC adapter sold separately
- All standard mounting hardware included
- Desktop, ceiling, and wall mount capable
- Ceiling tile rail (9/16, 15/16 or 1 ½” flush or recessed rails), assorted cable junction boxes
- Bubble level on mounting cradle for accurate horizontal wall mounting
- Two security screw options (included)
- Kensington lock hard point
- Concealed mount plate with anti-tamper cable bay
- Operating temperature: 32 °F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C)
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- 8.5” x 4.3” x 1.3” (215 mm x 110 mm x 32 mm), not including deskmount feet or mount plate
- Weight: 13.2 oz (376.5 g)
- Integrated omni-directional antennas (3.8 dBi gain at 2.4 GHz, 3.9 dBi gain at 5 GHz)
- 1 × 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet (RJ45)
- 1 × DC power connector (5.5 mm x 2.5 mm, center positive)
- Integrated layer 7 firewall with mobile device policy management
- Real-time WIDS/WIPS with alerting and automatic rogue AP containment with Air Marshal
- Flexible guest access with device isolation
- VLAN tagging (802.1Q) and tunneling with IPSec VPN
- PCI compliance reporting
- WEP, WPA, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-Enterprise with 802.1X
- EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM
- TKIP and AES encryption
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) & Mobile Device Management (MDM) integration
Quality of Service
- Advanced Power Save (U-APSD)
- WMM Access Categories with DSCP and 802.1p support
- Layer 7 application traffic identification and shaping
- PMK, OKC, and 802.11r for fast Layer 2 roaming
- Distributed or centralized layer 3 roaming
- 4x 2 Ethernet status for Ethernet ports
- 1 power/booting/firmware upgrade status
- Lifetime hardware warranty with advanced replacement included
- MR33-HW - Meraki MR33 Cloud Managed 802.11ac AP
- MA-PWR-30W-XX - Meraki AC Adapter for MR Series (XX = US, EU, UK or AU)
- MA-INJ-4-XX - Cisco Meraki 802.3at Power over Ethernet Injector (XX = US, EU, UK or AU)
- Note: Meraki Enterprise license required