- 10,000+ Products
- Australian Stock & Warranty
- We accept Purchase orders
With the new USB 3.0 5 Gb/s interface and up to 5TB, the LaCie d2 Quadra Hard Disk is the ideal tool for creative professionals who need both fast speeds and large storage capacity. It features 7200 RPM drives with a minimum of 32MB cache for the best performance and seek times, so it can handle the most resource-intensive applications. Best of all, it can achieve speeds up to 130 MB/s* in USB 3.0.
The d2 Quadra has got the latest connectivity with USB 3.0 and two FireWire 800 interfaces for daisy chaining, but it is still fully compatible with eSATA 3 Gb/s, USB 2.0**, and FireWire 400***. With all of its interfaces, the d2 Quadra has universal connectivity, so it’s easy to back up and restore any workstation, no matter the configuration or interfaces. And thanks to the USB 3.0 performance, you can make faster, more frequent backups of your data, keeping it safe and secure. Since the d2 Quadra tops out at a 5TB capacity, it can even be used as a simple and convenient storage expansion for a server.
With the preloaded LaCie Desktop Manager, you can easily configure the shortcut button to launch the application of your choice in one push and configure your drive’s eco mode. And, with its two-color front LED indicator, it is easy to check the drive status. It also includes Genie® Backup Assistant software and Intego® Backup Assistant software with data restore for Windows® and Mac®. Both products provide an ideal solution for a simple and user-friendly backup and file retrieval.
The d2 Quadra’s unique and unobtrusive design is respected in the creative content industry for good reason. The unique, fanless aluminum heat sink design provides an increased surface area, keeping it quiet, safe, and free from dust inside. It can also stand upright, be stacked horizontally with other drives, or even be rackmounted to save desktop space. It’s a superb solution for heavy storage users who want off-site backups and archives of any work environment. For superior energy efficiency, it also has a programmable eco mode, which automatically conserves energy if the drive is inactive for a certain period of time. On top of that, it’s recyclable and ROHS-compliant.
What’s in it for you?
- Universal connectivity and compatibility
- Professional grade: 5 Gb/s interface, 7200 RPM drives
- Save space: stackable and rack-mount option
- Advanced power modes for energy savings
- Capacity: 5 TB
- Interface: 2 x FireWire 800 (9-pin) port1 x USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0-compatible)1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port
- Interface Transfer Rates(maximum theoretical bus speed): FireWire 800: up to 800Mb/s eSATA 3Gb/s: up to 3Gb/sUSB 3.0: up to 5Gb/s USB 2.0: up to 480Mb/s
- Read Burst Transfer Rates:(maximum theoretical bus speed): FireWire 800: up to 85MB/s eSATA 3Gb/s: up to 115MB/sUSB 3.0: up to 130MB/s USB 2.0: up to 35MB/s
- Rotational Speed/Cache: 7200rpm / 32MB or greater
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 60 x 168 x 183 mm / 2.3 x 6.6 x 7.2 in.
- Weight 1.7 kg / 3.7 lbs.
- LaCie Advanced Power Button: Launch any application with one push (backup, music, slideshow)
- Warranty: 3-year limited
- Minimum System Requirements : Computer with an USB 3.0, USB 2.0, eSATA 3Gb/s, FireWire 800, or FireWire 400 portLatest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 or greater.Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- LaCie d2 Quadra Hard Disk
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0-compatible)
- eSATA-to-eSATA cable
- FireWire 800 (9-pin) cable
- external power supply
- drive stand for upright use
- LaCie Utilities and Software (preloaded)
- Quick Install Guide