3 Things you should be Mindful of When Choosing a Domain Registraradmin
Your online business address is known as your domain name, it is the name by which your business is identified on the internet. Without a domain name, customers won’t be able to find you on the web. The domain registrar is the company with which you register your domain name, and they are responsible for hosting your domain name on their DNS server.
When choosing a domain registrar always be mindful of:
- Accreditation: Choose a domain registrar that has ICANN accreditation. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) oversees internet connectivity, so its members are accountable.
- Costs: Verify all costs. Check for hidden costs such as charges for supplying DNS server names, or for transferring your domain name. If you are registering multiple domain names, you should also confirm if a discount is available.
- Contract details: Review the contract carefully before you pay. Be absolutely sure that you know exactly what you will be getting under the contract, as this can affect your website in several ways. Take special note of the following:
- How long the domain name is yours. Is it one, two, three years, etc.?
- Does the domain registrar reserve the right to revoke or delete your domain name under certain circumstances?
- Are you allowed to transfer your domain name to another service?
In addition, if you are operating an e-commerce site, you may also want to verify if your domain registrar sells SSL Certificates. SSL encodes the information that is transmitted between the client and the server. It is a ‘must-have’ in order to ensure the secure transmission of information.
Choosing a domain registrar is not easy, because there are a range of choices available. However, if you remember these 3 important tips, then you are sure to get the best service possible when establishing your business on the web.
In today’s business, a reliable domain registrar is a necessity. To look at how you can protect your domain name and other website assets, contact MyITHub on 1300 769 640 Today!